This past Saturday we headed to Aventura Mall to participate in Sea World’s “Epic Voyage”. Epic Voyage is Sea World new campaign to give the public a chance to experience the upcoming attraction Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin, opening on May 24 2013. Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin will transport you and your family into a rarely seen, icy world. You will be able to feel the majestic grandeur of the South Pole and see it through the penguins’ eyes.
The Epic Voyage experience featured a massive ice dome with live penguins accompanied by their handler, Antony. Antony answered question and gave us some interesting penguin facts both in English and Spanish.
- Kings: The King Penguin has a black head, chin and throat, with vivid orange tear-shaped patches on each side of the head.
- Centoos: Orange-red bills and feet set these penguins apart from their close relatives, the Adelies and chinstraps.
- Rockhoppers: The smallest of the crested penguins, rockhoppers have a thin yellow crest that extends behind their red eyes.
- Adelies: The classic penguin, medium sized with “tuxedo” appearance.
- Make your own video station: interactive virtual reality with arctic penguins.
- Become an explorer station: shareable photo opportunities with penguins and an explorer.
- Play IceQuest station: chances to win incredible prizes by playing Antarctica-themed games.
- Coca-Cola Freestyle machines station: enjoy complimentary, refreshing drinks courtesy of Coca-Cola.
Are you excited about SeaWorld Antatica yet? You will be happy to know that right now SeaWorld has a sweepstake were two lucky families will receive a 4-day, 3-night journey to SeaWorld Orlando to be one of the first to experience Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin. This amazing vacation for four includes roundtrip airfare provided by Southwest Airlines, hotel accommodations, tickets to SeaWorld and Aquatica in Orlando, Quick Queue passes to SeaWorld, Antarctica gift bags, and All-day Dining at SeaWorld. 18 Weekly First Prize Winners will receive four admissions to SeaWorld Orlando valid for use in 2013 to experience Antarctica first hand. You can enter the Family Voyage Sweeptakes here.
Disclosure: I was provided with the information in this post by SeaWorld Orlando. No compensation was received.