This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Carton Smart for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
Making an environmental difference has to be a collective effort from you and me to the brands we use on a daily basis. Did you know that Tetra Pak carton packages are designed for maximum efficiency and environmental friendliness? I didn’t know either, I was glad to hear this and then I found out that I will be receiving three products packed in Tetra Pak cartons for me to sample. First, let me tell you a little more about the benefits of using products packed in Tetra Pak, the infographic below is the perfect tool and later you can see what I created using Pacific Foods products packed in Tetra Pak carton!
Why Tetra Pak cartons are pantry stables for those that enjoy living smart:
- Tetra Pak® cartons are made of 70% paper, a renewable resource, from selectively harvested, re-grown trees that are FSC-certified (Forest Stewardship Council)
- Cartons use 1/3 of the packaging compared to cans…or even an egg!
- Cartons are space saving, easy to store and open. Keep your pantry neat and toss your can openers. , stackable and space saving.
- The unique packaging process preserves the flavor and nutrients of food without the use of preservatives.Product quality is exactly the way it was intended to be.
- Recycleable and in fact result in 60% less landfill waste than cans
- Cartons are re-closable so you can use what you need and save the rest for later.
Cold days like today are great days for eating quick, easy & conforting meals. Today my husband & I decided to make a quick & easy chicken soup, this is our version and it is our go-to meal when we are feeling under the weather or on cold days.
Quick & Easy Chicken Soup
- Grilled chicken
- 16 oz. of loose corn
- small bag of roasted potatoes
- 1 ripe plantain
- 8 oz. of noodles
- small onion
- 8 oz. of Pacific Food Chicken Stock
- Powder garlic
- Salt to taste
- Fresh parsley or parsley flakes
- Bring about 3 cups of water to a rapid boil. Add chicken stock, onion, potatoes, onion, garlic, parsley to the boiling water and lower heat, cook for about 10 minutes. Add your chicken, salt to taste & ripe plantains and cook for another 10 minutes. Add rice to your soup to make it a meal.
While the soup was finishing we decided to make our version of pastelitos (baked pastries), pastelitos are usually made with guava & cream cheese but this time we decided to make them with mozzarella cheese and Pacific Foods Jellied Cranberry Sauce.
Cranberry & Cheese Pastelito
- Croissant dough
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pacific Food Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- Pop open your store bought Croissant dough & spread out evenly, place mozzarella cheese and jellied cranberry sauce in the middle of the dough. Fold the ends, like a blanket, & pinch the ends. Place the blanket dough in a greased cookie sheet & baked at 350 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes. Let the pastelitos rest & serve.
We also received a carton of Pacific Foods Pumpkin Puree, which we will be making a chocolate pumkin pie on another occasion. What is your go-to comfort food you go to on cold days? For more information on how to Become Carton Smart, you can visit the official website or via social media at Tweet @CartonSmart or Follow #CartonSmart on Pinterest.